Are you struggling to pay your rent or utilities? You are not alone, and it is not your fault. Because of COVID-19, many Wyoming households need a little extra help right now. The Emergency Rental Assistance Program (ERAP) provides temporary help to cover rent and utility payments for eligible households. Check now to see if your household is eligible for assistance to help pay for rent, utilities, and internet. ERAP also is open to Wyoming households without a current residence that do not have a lease/rental agreement.
UPDATE – Length of case review
The Emergency Assistance Rental Program (ERAP) has experienced an increased volume of applications submitted, which has extended the length of time it takes for applications to be approved to up to 34 days.
- TIMELINE: Please keep in mind that ERAP is a temporary federally funded relief program. Even though households may be eligible for assistance, we cannot promise funding will be available in the future. Do not wait to apply.
- APPLICATIONS: Applications are now open.
- ELIGIBILITY: The program is open to Wyoming households that meet income eligibility requirements and are struggling to pay rent, internet and/or utility payments during the COVID-19 pandemic. ERAP is open to Wyoming households without a current residence that do not have a lease/rental agreement.
- WHAT IT COVERS: Eligible households can obtain assistance for unpaid current and future rent, internet and/or utility payments. Unpaid bills must be for services on or after March 13, 2020. The maximum assistance allotment per eligible household is 18 months.
- LOCAL ASSISTANCE: There are organizations set up in each county ready to help eligible households get the assistance they deserve. (Download an updated list)
- CALL CENTER: For ERAP support, call center hours are 9 a.m. – 6 p.m. Monday through Friday. The toll-free phone number is 1-877-996-3727 (1-877-WYO-ERAP). Individuals who are deaf, hard of hearing, blind, and/or speech disabled may reach ERAP through their preferred relay service provider or by dialing 7-1-1.
Learn more about how ERAP pays landlords, broadband and utility companies on behalf of Wyoming households who are unable to pay rent, internet and/or utility payments during the COVID-19 pandemic.
County payment data