EMERGENCY CHILD CARE FACILITIES
When a community is in crisis and their present child care facilities are not meeting the child care needs of essential employees, temporary Emergency Child Care Facilities can be opened.
Any provider who provides care for more than two (2) children or one family is required to be licensed unless exempt under Wyoming Statute 14-4-101 and 102.
When providing care that meets the above definition of child care, providers are to:
- Submit a Facility Application. Put the initials “ECC” before the name so we know the application is for Emergency Child Care.
- Read the Emergency Child Care Manual.
- To watch the mandatory Emergency Child Care Provider Preservice Training click here for video and to print the PDF power point.
- Submit and authorize the following background checks for each individual:
- Have an inspection from Child Care Licensing. A licensor will contact you with the date and time of the inspection. The Emergency Child Care Inspection Checklist will be used for the inspection.