Interested in Adoption?
Certified Adoption Agencies
See a list of certified Wyoming adoption agencies licensed to practice in Wyoming here.
Wyoming does not have many children in the foster care system who are free for adoption. Children typically return home or find permanency with relatives. Sometimes foster parents adopt a child from the Wyoming foster care system. Children who become free for adoption are referred to Wyoming certified adoption agencies, the Adoption Exchange, or Wendy’s Wonderful Kids.
- Adoption Exchange (Contact Information 800-451-5246) – See some of the Wyoming youth/children who are available for adoption at here. Scroll to the bottom of the page using the inside scroll bar. Check the “Wyoming” box and select “Search”. Then continue scrolling down to see Wyoming’s Waiting Children.
- Wendy’s Wonderful Kids (Contact Information 307-777-5172)
Accessing Adoption Records
Want to track down adoption records? Read about accessing adoption records here.
Adoption Confidential Intermediaries (CI) work for adoptees and their biological families in hopes of reconnecting the family members or collecting important medical histories. CIs, as these trained volunteers are called, are given special access to court records concerning the adoption. Get more information on Confidential Intermediaries or read the brochure about the CI program.
These forms will be useful in accessing adoption records:
- Adoptee’s Affidavit and Petition
- Adoptee’s Sibling Affidavit and Petition
- Adoptive Parent Affidavit and Petition
- Birth Grandparent Affidavit and Petition
- Birth Parent Affidavit and Petition
Wyoming Putative Father Registry
The purpose of the Putative Father Registry is to protect the parental rights of fathers who affirmatively assume responsibility for children they may have fathered and to expedite permanent placements for children. Get a Wyoming Putative Father Brochure and Registry form.
Attorneys often require the Report of Medical Examination SS-45 for adoption work.
Looking for Books, DVD’s, Training Curricula or Other Resources related to Adoption and/or Foster Care?
We have a number of resources housed at the Wyoming State Library which are available for inter-library loan. To view them, please click here.