THE CURRENT PROCESSING TIME IS 4 BUSINESS DAYS
The Central Registry of Abuse & Neglect screening includes confirming people who have been substantiated or are being investigated for abuse and/or neglect by the Wyoming Department of Family Services.
Locate the reason for your request below and print the corresponding form.
- Employer, Self or Adoption Agency SS-26
- Wyoming Child Care Facility use SS-26 CCL. (CCL-609)
- Wyoming Child Care Facility for Out Of State Central Registry Requests please CLICK HERE
- Third-Party Background Check Company: Please contact us at CENTRALREGISTRY@WYO.GOV
- Government Child Protection Agencies doing checks for the purpose of Foster Care, Adoption, ICPC use SS-26 EXEMPT. Please send an email to CENTRALREGISTRY@WYO.GOV to obtain the form.
- Child Care Facility licensed by another state who need the results sent to their licensing entity use SS-26 AGENT. If you want the results sent to you please use the form under the first bullet point (Employer)
- Invoicing Account form: Please contact us at CENTRALREGISTRY@WYO.GOV
- CPS History requests please email your request on letterhead to email@example.com.
To check the status of your request please email the applicants name to CENTRALREGISTRY@WYO.GOV
CENTRAL REGISTRY HELPFUL TIPS
- Include a self-addressed envelope that is addressed to the organization requesting the check. Not the individual being screened.
- Each document is treated as a separate request. If you put an email address on one and not the other, only the screen with an email address with have results emailed.
- If the applicant initials on Page 2 opting out of electronic submission of results you will not receive results by email.
- Only requests that have original signatures will be accepted.
- Each request must have both pages but do not have to be front to back.
- All areas marked with an asterisk (*) must be completed.
- Do not send cash. Check or money orders must be made payable to the State of Wyoming. Personal checks must have the account holders information printed on it. Temporary checks are not accepted.
- We ask that if you must confirm receipt of your request that you send it via signature services such as FedEx, UPS or certified mail from the USPS.
- Expedited services are not offered.
Central Registry Specialist