The federal American Rescue Plan Act’s Homeowner Assistance Fund provides funding to assist homeowners with mortgage and utility cost relief. We are in the early stages of information gathering for this new program. Please visit often as program updates will be posted here.
- APPLICATIONS: Applications are not yet available. Please keep checking back for updates.
- ELIGIBILITY: The program would be open to Wyoming homeowners who are struggling to pay mortgages and utility payments because of the COVID-19 pandemic. We are in the early stages of information gathering for this new program
DFS is working with the WCDA to test the application process. If you have a delinquent mortgage with the WCDA, you may receive an invitation from the WCDA to apply for HAF funds to reinstate your mortgage. If you have questions about this pilot program, please contact WCDA at HAFassistance@wyomingcda.com or DFS at email@example.com.
Sign up for Homeowners Assistance Updates
If you would like to be notified via email with updates about Homeowners Assistance, please click here.
About the Homeowner Assistance Fund
Wyoming has submitted its draft plan for the state’s Homeowner Assistance Fund (HAF) to the U.S. Department of Treasury for approval.
The Wyoming Department of Family Services, with assistance from the Wyoming Department of Workforce Services, is administering the state’s Homeowner Assistance Fund, a U.S. Treasury Department initiative passed through the American Rescue Plan Act of 2021. Of the $50 million earmarked to Wyoming for the program, $40 million would be dedicated for direct assistance and another $10 million for administration, counseling and legal services. In April, the Treasury gave Wyoming $5 million to start a pilot project but didn’t release guidance to develop the program until August.
We are working with the Wyoming Community Development Authority to test the application process while waiting for final Treasury approval. After receiving federal approval and the remaining funding, the goal is to have the program fully implemented and operational as soon as possible thereafter. We expect to use the full amount allocated due to the high demand for mortgage assistance in Wyoming.
- Latest News & Press Releases
- Additional Assistance: For information on other assistance that may be available in your area, please continue to contact Wyoming 211 by dialing 2-1-1.
- Recordings of Past Virtual Town Halls and Meetings: Click here
- Consumer Financial Protection Bureau resources for homeowners and renters.