The Wyoming Homeowner Assistance Fund (HAF) Program provides help for homeowners with:
- ARREARS: mortgage, partial claims, utilities, property taxes, homeowners insurance, and homeowners association dues.
- PROSPECTIVE: Up to three (3) months of consecutive mortgage payments. Priority will be as follows: mortgage reinstatement, partial claim assistance, delinquent “other expenses”, then forward mortgages.
The maximum amount allowed per household is $35,000, which is paid to the service provider on behalf of the homeowner. This is a one-time award. Once an applicant has received HAF funds, they will not be eligible for the HAF Program again.
Please call the HAF Program Call Center at 1-888-996-4237 (WYO-HAFP). Starting on May 2, the center will be open Monday – Friday from 9 AM – 6 PM MT.
- Wyoming Homeowner Assistance Fund Program Plan
- Mortgage Reinstatement Term Sheet
- Mortgage Payment Assistance Program
- Tax, Utility, HOA & Insurance Assistance Term Sheet
- Servicer Participation Package
How can servicers prepare?
Servicers can prepare for the HAF Program by enrolling as vendors with the Wyoming State Auditor’s Office. All servicers must be enrolled as a vendor with the State of Wyoming to receive payments on behalf of homeowners. To enroll as a vendor with the State of Wyoming, or to update your existing enrollment information, please visit the Wyoming State Auditor’s vendor webpage at https://sao.wyo.gov/vendors. Complete the required documentation and mail or email completed documents to:
2300 Capitol Avenue, 3rd Floor
Cheyenne, WY 82001